Hinduism is the greatest path of spiritual life. Get knowledge about origin of hinduism and know, where was hinduism originated?
There are lots of religion present in the world, such as Christian, Islam, Buddhism, Hindu etc. Of these, Hinduism is the only religion which is serving since ancient times. This is the only religion which has the definition of religion in a simple and comprehensive form. In Hindu religion both philosophy and religion appear to be moving together. There is no chance of a combination of religion and philosophy in other religions.
Origin of Hinduism
Except Hinduism, there has been the creators of all religions of the world. Buddhism originated from the ideas of Mahatma Buddha. Islam, Hazrat Mohammad and Christian, have come from the ideas of Christ. Hinduism is a religion, it is not derive from the views of any one of the greats. So we can say that it is the philosophy of many Rishis and Munis
The birth of this religion is natural. Most of the scholars said that Hinduism started in india near about 1500 B.C. But I am not agree with these scholars thoughts, I think, it is natural originate Dharma. So, we can take the example of flowers. Aroma of floral is its religion and the flower is righteous. Floral fragrance in the flower is natural. Similarly, the religion of mankind is humanity, it is natural. Thus human is natural righteous. Every thing in the world has its own religion, whether it is alive or non-living. There can be many forms of religion such as qualities, thoughts, duty, culture and reality, formlessness etc. therefore, religion is consider to be a broad meaning in Hindu dharma.
In Hinduism, religion is define in this way. ‘यतोSभ्युदय नी:श्रेयससिद्धि: स धर्म:’ Meaning, when the accomplishment of material welfare and ultimate welfare is achieved through philosophy, then it is a religion.
If Hinduism is the way of living, so there will be no exaggeration. According to Vedic texts, the word Dharma derives from the Sanskrit language word ‘धृ’ . It means ‘धारण’, this religion is one who has kept the whole creation in it self.
Hindu word is originate from the word Indus
The word Hindu is believed to have originated from the word Indus or Sindhu. So, the word Indus has come in the influence of many foreign languages and Indus word converted into Hindu word. Maybe, foreigners would have called the Indian religious life system as the name of Hinduism, also, it is in vogue today. so, the modern name of Vedic religion or Sanatan Dharma is Hinduism. Four cultures of worship are present in Hinduism. Shaiv and Vaishnav, Sakya and Lingayat.
Why Hinduism is called the Vedic and Sanatan dharma?
- Vedic Dharma- The Hindu religion is nurtured with ideas containe in ancient Vedic texts. The Vedas are considere the primary scriptures of Hindu religion. So, it is also called Vedic religion.
- Sanatan Dharma- Vedic texts prove that this religion is present from time immemorial. That is why it is also called Sanatana Dharma.
Hinduism and Rishi-Muni
- Rishi- In the Vedic period, teachers, who Describe verbally the mantras of six scriptures such as वैशेषिक (Vaisheshik) न्याय (Justice), सांख्य (Sankhya), योग (Yoga), पूर्वमीमांसा ( Purvamimansa) and उत्तरमीमांसा(Uttramimansa). They were famous as Rishis(ऋषि). Of these, Purvamimansa is know as Mimamsa and Uttramimansa are famous as Vedanta. The aim of these scriptures is to increase the human intellect, freedom of thoughts and the welfare of human society.
- Muni- The author of vaidic philosophy scriptures, the Vedas and the Upangas. They contemplated the six scriptures. This is why they are popular as Muni. Their names are Kanad (कणाद), Gotam(गोतम), Kapil(कपिल), Patanjali(पतंजलि), Jamini(जैमिनी) and Vyas(व्यास). Muni means thinker, the one who determines reasoning, by the logical way of the truth, they gives confidence to the people through their tactics, they are famous as Muni.
Ten characteristics of Dharma in Hinduism.
According to Hindu scriptures, there are ten characteristics of religion.
धृतिः क्षमा दमोSस्तेयः शौचमिन्द्रय निग्रहः । धी-र्विधा सत्यमक्रोधो दशकं धर्म लक्षणम् ।।(Patience, forgiveness, oppression of evils, not stealing, sanctity, restraint of senses, discrimination, wisdom, truth, and no rage. These are ten common characteristics of religion.)
Ten common characteristics of Dharma according to Hinduism
- Patience:- In Sanatan religion tradition, patience is consider as the first feature of religion. Patience implies that humans maintain self-control on themselves. The person holding patience can understand the meaning of religion. By holding patience and truth, man can interact with God. A man with a patience walks on the path of religion until he receives the divine.
- Forgiveness: – Don’t hate any person, no matter how much they abuse you and No matter how much they harm you. Forgive them. This is the difference of religious and non-religious, believer and atheist.
साधुष्वादि च पापेषु समबुद्विर्विशिष्यते।।
(The person who is not selfish does not discriminate, for which both friend and enemy are alike. People looking for good, malicious and friendly, saint and sinners, and those looking for the good of both parties are great. So, it is important to forgive.)
- Suppression of evils: – Keeping your senses under control, the person who suppresses all the evils inside is a religious person. One who conquers himself, is consider to be equivalent to the Mahatma.
- Not stealing: – Even when in adversity, man remains firm on his religion. Even when reaching the peak of poverty, when humans do not leave the path of religion. There is no place in your life for theft. So that person is the best religious.
Ten common characteristics of Dharma according to Hinduism
- Sanctity: – It is pure to keep your mind and body away from worldly evils and dirt. Pure conduct and yoga practice keep humans clean from inside and outside. The one who holds religion is always holy.
- Restraint of senses: – The religious man obeys the religion by keeping his senses under control. So, control of the senses is done by tenacity and yogic practice. Controlled senses have wonderful views of religion traits.
- Discrimination: – The person who holds religion always keeps away from the misery of discrimination. In his mind there is a sense of equality towards all, whether rich or poor, king or beggar. He considers everyone to be children of God. There is no discrimination in his mind. All are the same. Inside all is the divine. Even more, all are divine forms of God.
- Wisdom: – A wise man has the power to walk on the path of religion and to understand spiritualism. He uses religion to increase his philosophy. He tries to know the secrets of Spirit.
- Truth: – Truth is the highest place in every religion. Regardless of different thoughts, also, regardless of any sect. Finally all religions consider the truth as universa
- No rage
Hinduism is the way of life from the ancient times. In this path, the physical and ultimate welfare of human has the highest importance. So, into the Hindu philosophy a broad form of religion has shown in depth. Vedic dharma of immemorial time is Hinduism of today. Due to the hard work of the greatest Hindu saints, Hindu religion is came to us in the form of the best religion.This religion is so vast, simple and flexible that the entire world can absorbe into it. It is best to call this religion a global religion, which calls for spreading the message of love and peace in the whole human race, to calm down the physical and spiritua thirst of knowledge.
आचारः परमोधर्मः श्रुत्युक्तः स्मार्त एव च । तस्माद अस्मिन् सदा युक्तो नित्यंस्यादात्मवान् द्विज ।। (Due to support of Shruti and Smriti, conduct is call the highest religion. Due to the behavioral followings, it has called the supreme religion.)
Read also: –